Our Hospitality Awards, & Media Articles
Awards & Media
After 14 years operating the Midnight Sun Bed & Breakfast, we are able to boast the following awards:
- 2010, 2013 & 2014 – Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor (achieved a rating of four & half stars based on the guests reviews).
- 2008 – Chamber of Commerce for Excellent Service.
- 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010 – Golden Host Award by TIA (Tourism Industry of the Yukon) for Excellent & Superior Services.
- 2006 – Best Overall B&B/ Inn As the # 9 throughout North America.
- 2005 – Best Breakfast in Canada.
- 2004 – The Most Hospitality in North America.
- 2003 – Best Bed and Breakfast in Canada.
Newspaper & Magazine articles:
- Midnight Sun B&B celebrates 10 years (Yukon News, November 2009)
- LIFESTYLES “ Hospitality at its best”, Yukon News, By Darrell Hookey
- Local Bed & Breakfast Is Named Best B&B/Inn in Canada, From TIA Yukon
- Whitehorse-based Inn Caters to Corporate Travelers, By robin
The Golden Host award program, the Yukon’s most coveted hospitality award, is presented jointly by the Tourism Industry Association of the Yukon, Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce and the Yukon Tourism Education Council to honor and recognize individuals for extraordinary service to Yukon visitors. All Yukoners can be nominated, including those who work in the tourism industry. Everyone nominated for a Golden Host Award receives a letter of congratulations and then two winners per month are chosen – one from Whitehorse and one from the outlying communities.
The winners receive a letter of thanks and are honored at a Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon. Their names also appear in ads sponsored by the Yukon News newspaper and CKRW radio. Visitors are encouraged to recognize residents who go the extra mile, taking that extra step to help them enjoy their stay while in the Yukon. Visitors can nominate individuals or businesses by completing the nominating form which can be found at all visitor centers, information kiosks, and participating businesses like Midnight Sun B&B! With visitors’ participation a higher standard of service will be offered throughout the Yukon.