Whitehorse Area Attractions
Whitehorse offers a vast range of sights and activities for visitors, whether your interests lie in history, the arts, photographic opportunities, unique dining, walking/hiking at any level of difficulty, scenic drives, canoeing… – the list can go on and on. Some specific suggestions:
- Enjoy a day in the pools at Takhini Hot Springs or the Canada Games Centre (which also has a gym and many other facilities).
- Whitehorse has at least 8 heritage attractions, including the MacBride Museum and the restored sternwheel steamboat S.S. Klondike.
- A day trip (112 miles each way) to the south to Skagway, Alaska – explore this vibrant community that keeps the flavor of its Klondiek Gold Rush boom days. See the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and other guide sites for more information.
- A day trip to the west, with spectacular Kluane National Park as the destination (210 miles to the Sheep Mountain Interpretive Centre).
- Visit the beautiful Yukon Wildlife Preserve to see many Yukon big game animals housed in their natural habitats on a 700-acre property.
- See our Links page for more Web sites with activities and tours to explore, and the Photo Album to see what some of them look like.